I am unable to get the Nvidia drivers to work. No splash screen and no
acceleration.  I have installed the latest from the Nvidia web site and put
in 'Load "glx" and "nvidia" in the proper places but get a failed to load the
Nvidia kernel or some such.  Is there an nvidia-kernel-blahblah for the new
drivers or should the old one work? At a loss and any help is appreciated. I
am not finding anything on wiki or forums about this so it must be me. : (
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842