On Friday 12 November 2004 04:26 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 12 Nov 2004 21:50, Jack wrote:
> > I *am* having fun with Linux (as I already stated in my original post).
> > And I do not expect (nor want) it to be Windows.  But when an expert
> > gives you specific directions on how to do something, and it has worked
> > for him, it *should work for me* also!!!!!!!!!
>
> Probably / possibly / maybe not.  Don't forget the permutations of
> hardware, software, user expertise - and that d**** awful thing that we did
> when we took our eyes of the ball ;-)
>
> Anne
On the other hand, a friend of mine at work was complaining about their home
comp not giving access to the internet but the worm/virus that infected it
would connect whenever it wanted. So I hand her a disk with "MandrakeMove" on
it and tell her to boot from cdrom get on the net and download the antivirus
file they need to clean the harddrive and get back on track. Guess what ?
It worked like a charm. The "Move" found all their hardware, detected their
internet connection, gave them access and allowed them to d/l the needed
files.  Sweet, I told her "now you know why I like linux and MandrakeLinux in
particular"  She said she did and her brother-in-law was having a similar
problem so she gave him the disk to try out linux cause he is sick of winders
and looking for a change. Yessssss! One computer at a time and on some days
maybe two at a time. : ))

--
Dennis M. linux user #180842