On Friday 12 Nov 2004 23:45, Dennis Myers wrote:

> On the other hand, a friend of mine at work was complaining about their
> home comp not giving access to the internet but the worm/virus that
> infected it would connect whenever it wanted. So I hand her a disk with
> "MandrakeMove" on it and tell her to boot from cdrom get on the net and
> download the antivirus file they need to clean the harddrive and get back
> on track. Guess what ? It worked like a charm. The "Move" found all their
> hardware, detected their internet connection, gave them access and allowed
> them to d/l the needed files.

Thanks, Dennis.

What a good idea to use a LiveCD to download Windows stuff. I hadn't thought
of that!

I have 98SE on a small hard drive (for occasional use), and it is not, nor
ever will be, connected to the Internet. At the moment, if there is anything
"Windows" I want to download, I do so in Linux, burn it to a CD-RW, replace
the Linux hard drive with the Windows one (they are on separate caddies) and
copy the stuff off the CD.

Your idea is much more simple and much better.

Keith