On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:28:16 -0500
Jack disseminated the following:

> And be aware that I have not used equivalent derogatory terms like "windoze"
> or some such when describing Linux

Would there be a reason to do such a thing? As far as 'Windoze' goes, or
'Internet Exploder', or 'Outhouse', these derogatory terms have been well
earned, and deservedly applied. M$ has exploited the ignorance of the 'average'
user for decades, allowed the Internet to become a cesspool of spam and other
garbage with its half-witted approach to security, engaged in illegal business
practices, made a serious effort, with Exploder and Outhouse, at breaking
every 'Net standard in existence, and is now trying to patent those broken
standards (?!).

Linux? A guy in Finland and GNU put together an OS that in less than a decade
has reinvigorated the tech industry, sustained open standards for cross-platform
compatibility, come close to building a home desktop OS that will kick MS's ass,
and all for...free (mostly). If there's an insult fitting that description, I'd
really like to hear it.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
18:59:35 up 100 days, 19:51, 7 users, load average: 0.03, 0.07, 0.01