On Saturday 20 November 2004 08:31 am, Lanman wrote:
> Stephen Kühn wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 11:52, Lanman wrote:
> >>Never let it be said that I don't bring interesting problems to the
> >>list! This time, the problem makes no sense, unless someone has written
> >>a boot-sector virus and included it on the Mandrake 10.1 Community CD's.

> I'm tempted to replace the m/board in case that's the problem. I'm
> wondering if it might be the IDE controller or something. It might also
> explain the drive (CRC errors) I had on the other drive.

Hardware problems are always specific and difficult to solve by others. But
one thing I'm sure that it isn't because of boot sector virus.

Also, the best approach in solving hardware problems is to localized the
problem. Is it the harddisk? Mobo? Memory? The CD?

Looks like you're having a hard time, Lanman. Try to take 5, drinking coffee,
reading some jokes, sleep, etc. I have my share of burnout too, especially
when it was 3am, the energy level was very low, thus I accidentally wiped out
all my data in the ntfs partitions when setting up a dual boot (which I've
done this many times before).
Goodluck.
--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
20:24:36 up 47 min, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586