On Friday 19 November 2004 02:52 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> While we're on the subject of registering, please do not register an
> anonymous name.  There has to be trust in a TWiki, and doing this indicates
> bad faith. Anyone abusing is likely to be removed from the list when it is
> noticed.  The email address you give on your user page is mangled to foil
> web-bots, so there is no need to worry about that either.

Anne, I want to disagree with you a bit here on this.  Many people with long
time handles may do so for a reason and they have created trust associated
with their aliases.

I have a very good friend that is an avid Linux user, but because of his work
situation tries to be very discreet about his (extensive) Linux community
activity, his alias facilitates him doing this, but I have no reason not to
trust what he says or think that he means bad faith.  In fact, I think quite
the opposite is true.
--
/g