Hiya Scott

On November 25, 2004 02:48 pm, Scott Manning wrote:
> Hi ppl,
>
> Been about 5 years since my last foray into Linux...heaps has change..2 q's
> if I may;
>
> Dumb question 1. What directory are the How-to pages in again?

Click the Star/Foot thingy on the left, More Applications, Documentation,
English Howtos.  If, of course, you installed them :)

> Not so dumb question 2. USB? Is it plug and play as in Win or does it need
> to be mounted like other drives (ie when using a thumb drive)+

I've found it to be so in 10 and 10.1.  Just make sure you have your CD/DVD or
network URPMI ready to install any needed drivers.

> Not so dumb question 3. Can anyone point me to a FAQ on setting up an a USB
> ADSL modem? Kconfigure only allows for ehternet connected dls modems...

This I can't help with.
> Thanks Very Much
>
> Scotty

Most welcome :)

ttfn

John
Composed on a 100% Microsoft Free Computer
Guaranteed Virus Free
Mandrake Linux 10.0 OE
Registered Linux User 362316