> Hello folks
>
> I have not been able to find an answer to this question but it must be so
> simple I am looking right through it.
>
> I have installed 10.0 (clean install, but keeping /home).  This was some
> time ago and there were problems which caused me to revert to 9.2.  I was
> in a hurry to actually get some things done and didn't have time to
> troubleshoot.
>
> Now I would like to put 10.0 OE on my disk and figure out what is wrong
> while maintaining 9.2.
>
> Can they coexist on the same HDD?
>
> How would partitioning be done?
>
> Will Lilo pick them both up or will it need tweaking?
>
> My current partition table is like so:
>
> hda1 /boot    ext3
> hda5  swap
> hda6  /       10G     Reiser
> hda7  /home   12GB    Reiser
> empty about 55GB
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> John Montgomery

You can share /home, /boot, and swap between the two, as long as /boot is
large enough for all the kernel versions you are using, along with the
inital RAM disk inages.  (It is handy that 9.2 and 10.0 are running
different versions of the kernel.)  For the boot setup, you have a couple
of choices - you can use the same boot loader for both, as long as you
keep /etc/lilo.conf in sync for both.  Or you can install the boot loader
for 10.0 to the / partition of 10.0, and put in an option in 9.2 to change
to it.  (This is done in the same way you would do it for Windows, or any
other OS.)  If you deside on only one copy of lilo, you may want to make
/etc/lilo.conf a symlink to a file in /boot.  One thing to keep in mind if
you are going to share /home is that the user numbers have to match
between 9.2 and 10.0.

Mikkel