On Sunday 28 November 2004 9:38 am, Jack wrote:
> For some strange reason, I can no longer update my media with easyurpmi.
>
> It seems to take when I run the necessary commands from root, even
> giving me messages that "contrib" has been added to media, etc.  But
> when I go to the media manager, they (plf, etc.) don't show up, and I've
> done a random sampling of the programs offered for install, and they all
> only originate from the original cd's.
>
> I've done this many times before.  I recently re-installed, and cannot
> understand why it won't do it now...

Let me get this right, you use Easy Urpmi to create your sources, but when you
open the Media Manager GUI, the sources are not updated? Interesting.

Very Interesting. Its not Easy Urpmi, its something about either the Media
Manager, /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg, or how you are handling the update of sources.

cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg to see if the sources are updated. This should also
be the file that the Media Manager reads sources from. It should be rw
enabled for root but r only for every one else. Or maybe it is gook in cat.
In that case, I would, in a root window, delete urpmi.cfg. I bet it will be
remade the next time urpmi.update is run.

Just a thought, you are updating your sources in a root window? Its a job for
root, but I don't think anyone else can do it.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA
USA