>You have a working 10.1 you could just add 9.1 to your 10.1 lilo.conf
>
>Heres an aproach that has worked for me.
>
>You can boot to your 10.1 and mount the 9.1 side.
>
>[root]# mkdir /mnt/mdk9.1
>[root]# mount /dev/hda7 /mnt/mdk9.1
>
>Now cd to /mnt/mdk9.1 and take a look make sure it is the /
>directory of your 9.1 and you can see /boot. If not then you need to
>umount it and find the right /dev/hda? and mount it to /mnt/mdk9.1
>
>Then you'll need to create an fstab entry for it.
>
>[root]# vi /etc/fstab
>
>Or your favorite editor, and create a line like this
>
>/dev/hda7 /mnt/mdk9.1 ext3 defaults 1 2
>
>Save the file, then create a lilo entry.
>
>[root]# vi lilo.conf
>
>The entry would be similar to below.
>
>image=/mnt/mdk9.1/boot/vmlinuz
>       label="mdk9.1"
>       root=/dev/hda7
>       initrd=/mnt/mdk9.1/boot/initrd.img
>       append="acpi=ht resume=/dev/hda6 splash=no"
>       vga=788
>       read-only
>
>and save the file then you can run lilo to test it
>
>[root]# lilo -v -t
>
>if no errors then you can write lilo
>
>[root]# lilo
>
>Then when you reboot you should have option to boot to your 9.1
>

>Mike

Mike's easy step by step procedure worked successfully,
and now when I reboot I have option to boot on my 9.1,
but with some undesired effects:
when I try to connect to Internet with the command 'wvdial', as I did
before,
I get the message: 'Cannot open /dev/ttySL0: No such file or directory'.
Besides, the command 'uname -r', which shows the kernel,
outputs the 10.1 kernel and not the 9.1.
Also KDE has changed: it has upgraded to the 3.2 version without I'd asked
for this.
I don't know if there are other such modifications,
but I thought that two different linux partitions were to be independent
each other,
wheras I see that 10.1 has influenced 9.1.
If it is so, then I can't use a second linux partition
to experiment new releases and distributions, which was my real purpose.
Maybe these side effects can be avoided with the more complicated procedure
suggested by Mikkel? If not, the only way is buying a second hard disk on
which doing experiments.
Any hint about the connecting problem?

Cheers,
Rodolfo