Greg Meyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Sunday 28 November 2004 11:47 pm, RickSisler wrote:
> > Raffaele BELARDI ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > Grip did work in 10.0 (and in 9.0, 9.1 etc). Now it appears to rip the
> > > audio cd, but the wavs it produces contain only null bytes. Same result
> > > using the command-line cdparanoia.
> > > I can listen to the audio cds all right with grip, and also listen to
> > > mp3 with xmms. Only ripping is not working.
> > >
> > Hi raffaele,
> > I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution ?
>
> Grip is working fine here on a 10.1 install.  Are you trying to use Grip's
> built in cdparanoia library or the system cdparanoia.  If using cdparanoia
> from the command line gives the same result, it sounds like a problem with
> cdparamoia and not grip.  Try switching to the grip cdparanoia.
> --
> /g
Greg and Stephen,
I was using Grip's builtin and so changed to the system cdparanoia with the same
results. But it worked from cli with:
$  cdparanoia -B -- "-1"
and sounded good.

Thx for the help, I have to read more on cdparanoia,grip and lame.
I will get back to ya tomorrow, must get some sleep 8)

--
RickS                              Registered Linux user #338463
Mdk 10.1 OE - Linux 2.6.8.1-12mdk        @ http://counter.li.org