Derek Jennings wrote:
On Saturday 18 December 2004 17:23, amalasingh wrote:

Folks,

I am a mdk10.1 user. I am trying to access my localhost by
typing my WAN IP address.

But it just goes to the Router firewall page. I checked my
router settings(especially virtual server configuration) all
set correctly. Also confirmed with the router vendor.

The vendor says we need technical expertise to forward the
local server. Is that true? Do I need to have some networking
knowledge to do forward even my http local server??

I use just default ports(80)

Please help me.

Cheers
Amala Singh

Didn't you already ask this question?
The answer remains the same.

If you want people from the internet to reach your web server you must disable
access to your router administration from the internet, and configure your
router to forward port 80 to your local IP address. That is all internal to
your router configuration. Nothing to do with Linux.
Have you configured port forwarding in the router? How is it set up?

Be aware that if you are trying to access your web server from inside your
local network by entering your WAN IP address, your router is probably not
going to forward the connection and will always display the admin page. So
just because you see the admin page does not necessarily mean that other
people see it.

derek

____________________________________________________ Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft? Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com ____________________________________________________
Derek,

'Didn't you already ask this question?
Be aware that if you are trying to access your web server from inside your
local network by entering your WAN IP address, your router is probably not
going to forward the connection and will always display the admin page. So
just because you see the admin page does not necessarily mean that other
people see it.'

Derek,

You are the man. Yes, I asked the question before. I am trying to access my
web server from inside the local network only. I hope that that should be
the problem. I will ask some body else to see that from outside.

Tnx for the help.

Cheers
Amala Singh