On Friday 24 December 2004 10:29 am, Kenneth wrote:
| A Hundred Thousand Thanks, Rick!
|
| Although it hasn't helped me fix the problem (yet),
| I feel that the info you provided is a certain
| lead.
|
| Interestingly, though I am still getting the
| same error report when I run Kate and for that
| matter when I start KDE, I get the same results
| that you sent me when I execute the same command.
|
| I'll keep fiddling with it.. :)
|
| Thanks for your help,
| Ken

Have you tried deleting your #~/.kde

You will lose ALL of your kde settings (back up your address book if you use
kmail), and the directory will be re-created at the next log-on.  This can
fix a messed-up-beyond-all-repair KDE, and it looks as though you have a
serious KDE problem.  If I were you, I would create a new user and log-in to
KDE as that user first, to see if the problem clears up.  If the problem
persists, ignore all of the above and search for another solution.