mike wrote:

SnapafunFrank wrote:

And while we are on urpmi problems can someone tell me why I cannot
wholly add another media to my list.

I did:

# urpmi.addmedia myrpms file://home/frank/MYRPMS

and :

# urpmi.addmedia -f myrpms file://home/frank/MYRPMS

I get some entries in the /var/lib/urpmi directory but when I do :

# urpmq --list-media

the new media doesn't appear in the list and trying to install the rpms
downloaded to the ~/MYRPMS directory, I get the 'Not found' reply.

I have tried:

# urpmi --update -a

But this did not get my new media added either.

Hopefully I'm missing something 'no-brainer'.

Sorry for jumping in on this thread put I thought to keep the subject
matter relevant.

I just tried adding a local source as you descibed above, and all
turned out well. I used some rpms I downloaded.

Could it possibly be something wrong with the rpms themselves.
I think rpm looks at the rpm's header for info to generate the hdlist.

Maybe download some different rpm's in a new directory and try
adding them as locale source to see if it works.

Mike

I tried by moving or deleting rpms that though they went through before, this time they kept coming up with errors.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] frank]# urpmi.addmedia -f myrpms /home/frank/MYRPMS/
using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 2 (x86)"
using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 1 (x86)"
using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 4 (x86)"
using different removable device [/dev/hdc] for "Installation CD 3 (x86)"
added medium myrpms
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.dec04club.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.dec04updates.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.eslrahc.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 4 (x86).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.dec04main.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.frankplf.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.updates.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 3 (x86).cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.frankupdates.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.eslrahc10.1.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.dec04contrib.cz]
reading rpm files from [/home/frank/MYRPMS]
writing list file for medium "myrpms"
building hdlist [/var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.myrpms.cz]
choosing compression method with "gzip -4" for archive /var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.myrpms.cz
real archive size of /var/lib/urpmi/hdlist.myrpms.cz is 1707821
no info available for package flightgear at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/URPM/Build.pm line 465.

As you can see, when I installed the flightgear package I had no problems and at that time this directory was a listed media. I simply did a urpmi.removemedia, deleted some old stuff and then ran into this problem when I went back to urpmi.addmedia.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] frank]# urpmq --list-media
Installation CD 2 (x86)
frankcontrib
dec04club
dec04updates
frankmain
Installation CD 1 (x86)
eslrahc
Installation CD 4 (x86)
dec04main
frankplf
updates
Installation CD 3 (x86)
frankupdates
main2
eslrahc10.1
rediris
dec04contrib

As you can see - no 'myrpms' media. I have even tried a new directory with only the latest download ( and successfully installed ) rpm in it. The same thing is happening. It's driving me nuts. Unless there is a simple way of getting all my media back up should I scrap the lot and start again, well, I may as well be back fighting windows as this is the type of problem I left windows for.

Any other ideas anyone?

--
Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213