On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:02:23 +0000
Paul Smith disseminated the following:

> > > but OpenOffice takes long to start.
> >
> > Just curious, but what are you running Mandrake on?!
> >
> > I've got a crappy old P3 and OO opens in 7 seconds...
>
> 35 seconds in my case. The details of my computer are below.

Holy Crap! I'm no hardware guru, but I did not notice how much RAM you've got in
that machine, you might want to go with the 'poor man's upgrade'. I've got
512MB m'self and it makes a world of difference. If anything, it should be
this area since my outdated version, still running:

OpenOffice.org-1.1-0.rc4.2mdk.

I can say one thing for sure, OO should not take that long to load on any P3
system above a 500MHz, unless perhaps it's competing for resources with
something else, like say your Desktop... ;-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
16:27:04 up 41 days, 7:40, 7 users, load average: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00