Op Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:19:20 -0500 schreef JR:

>Now when I click a link from anywhere, firefox is lauched - but only
>if  another firefox instance isn't already running.
>
>If firefox is already running, I get the bouncing icon for a few
>seconds and  then nothing.

There is a trick to it in shape of a script:

browserPath="/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox"
Fox="firefox"
Client="mozilla-xremote-client"
if [ "${1:0:1}" = "/" ]
then url="file://"$@
else url="$@"
fi

if [ $(ps aux | grep firefox | wc -l) -ge 4 ]; then
        exec $browserPath$Client -a firefox openURL"($url,new-tab)"
else
        $browserPath$Fox $url
fi
exit

Save this script and tell your system to use the script instead of
launching firefox directly.

Good luck
Paul

--
A girl with a future avoids the man with a past.
- Evan Esar

http://www.nlpagan.net/linux.php