Op Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:06:50 +0000 schreef Anne Wilson:

>- From time to time, though, it is necessary to insert words from
>other  languages, so acute, grave, circumflex, umlaut and that
>Spanish thingy that I  can never remember the name for - the various
>chars that use them come in  very handy.  I used to refresh my
>memory from a printed table, according to  the language I would be
>quoting.  I wonder if your '&#163' is the same as  alt163?  For that
>matter, how did you get the symbol into this message, as  well as
>the code?  If I type '£' into either text editor or kword I
>just  get the literal string.

Which keyboard setting do you use now? I always use US international
since I often have to write in german or french also. With that it is
very simple to use the accented letters like á, ö and ñ. Just type
the accent and the letter after that.
I have not figured out yet where the UK pound sign is though, which
would be convenient for you, I assume.

Paul

--
A girl with a future avoids the man with a past.
- Evan Esar

http://www.nlpagan.net/linux.php