On Tuesday 04 January 2005 17:58, Miark wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 00:34:26 +0100, Kaj wrote:
> > In KMail I've set the charset to iso-8859-15.  But then again,
> > I don't use KMail for html.  My guess is, that our American
> > friends here (using US-ASCII or some Windows charset) won't be
> > able to read Scandinavian characters like Ã, à and à or even
> > the Euro-symbol ___.
>
> I can see the first three, but the "Euro-symbol" looks like three
> underscores. I'm using Sylpheed Claws.
>
> Miark

Hello again, Miark.  Never mind the Euro-symbol.  The fact that you
can see those special (Scandinavian) characters indicate you have
iso-8859-1 installed.  If you absolutely want to see â  (Euro), you
must have iso-8859-15 or UTF8 / UTF16.

Everything Euro is crap, anyway.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *