On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 12:28, Aron Smith wrote:
> I have an old Compaq Armada here with no CD-ROM by removing the HDD (6Gb) and
> u7sing an adapter I was able to install ? Mdk 10.1 on the drive.
> After reinstalling the drive  I find that I have a problem
> Kernel panic : No init found Try passingi nit= optionn to kernel
> So what do I do now  (oboviously I have reached my level of incompentance
It seems to me that you installed mandrake on a different computer than
your laptop, and then just tried to get away with slipping the harddrive
back.  As during the install the kernel is configured to make the most
of the machine it was installed on, it will panic when it finds itself
surrounded an unknown processor, mainboard, etc.  The only way you could
have gotten away with it, is if you had found an exactly the same armada
_with_ a CD drive and installed on that.
So, if you have a floppy drive, you can try a network install.  Or, copy
the install files to a partition on the harddrive, set it up as source
during an install starting from floppy.  I haven't done this before, but
I think it has been discussed on the list.  If you have no floppy drive
either, then we've reached the level of my incompetence also.
Andras
--
Linux User #245991