John Aldrich wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > I am trying to get my Mustek 60011N scanner to work.  I have installed
> > SANE on initial install (and Kpackage confirms) and have printed the
> > notes on how to configure, build and install SANE as well as sane-mustek
> > 5, which I printed when I was running Caldera2.2.  Problem is the files
> > which should be in /usr/local/lib/, /usr/local//etc/sane.d/ and
> > /usr/local/man/ do not exist.  GIMP cannot see the scanner.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what to do from here ( to get my scanner working,
> > that is ), please?
> >
> SCSI or Paralell?
>         John

Sorry, John, parallel.  How's this from the SANE-mustek.5 notes:  "Note
that this scanner comes with its own ISA card that implements a funky
parallel port (in other words the scanner is not connected to the
printer parallel port.  The code present in this release has not been
tested so proceed at your own risk!  Be prepared to pull the scanner
cable on short notice in case the situation grows dangerous and/or
noisy."  Talk about a beta release.  Maybe that's why I can't find any
files.  Anyway, I'm prepared to have a go if I can find a way.  Another
reason not to use Windoze.

Regards.
--
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street, NOOSAVILLE, QLD, 4566, AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mobile: 0419 535539  Fax: Phone first.