Notice to any NEC Versa E600 owners: Mandrake 10.1 actually works! Just thought I'd post this as I'd had problems installing all previous versios of MDK on this machine and found a few others on this list in the same boat.

Install went flawlessly, KDE works fine, inbuilt mouse and keyboard work fine and the battery level monitor works fine, all of which refused to work previously. After install I spent about another 2 hours with it installing more apps and 'playing arround' without any problems or stability issues. Only thing that remains to be done is find a driver for the software modem.

I guess they were dinkum when they said 10.1 had improved laptop support.

Cheers,
Aidan