On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 13:00, Amy wrote:
> PLEASE REMEMBER, I AM A GMAIL USER, SO YOU NEED TO CHECK THAT THE
> REPLY IS GOING TO THE LIST.
>
> Okay, so some of you may remember that I'm trying out Enlightenment
> right now. I did post about it a week or three ago, asking for
> recommendations on where to read up on it. At any rate, I'm playing
> with it now, and I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with it. I
> do have one problem at the moment though. For whatever reason I can't
> edit the menu to get to all my applications. When I try to access
> menudrake, I get "Segmentation fault" returned.
>
> And before you ask, Menudrake works fine in KDE, and I would assume it
> works fine in IceWM which is installed but I never use it, so I'm not
> sure. IceWM comes up as an option in menudrake when one is selecting
> which environment to edit the menu for, Enlightenment does not though.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Amy

e16menuedit is what you want in order to properly edit the Enlightenment
menus - mind you, you WILL have to get your hands dirty in doing this
exercise - some of the configuration of E is simply NOT easy (heaps of
config files/text files/theme files - yadda yadda yadda) - so be
prepared...

OTOH, if you just want to edit the menus, bounce outta E and into
Guh-Nome or some other silly WM, edit said menus and let it do the
update-menus for you, bounce outta that wm and back into E and you
should have all nice happy warm fuzzy feelings.

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389
illawarra and regional new south wales
GNU/Linux/OpenSource Solutions and Alternatives
100% Microsoft Free :: Crashing is NOT an option.
Registered Linux User # 267497
One of the major difficulties Trillian experienced in her relationship
with Zaphod was learning to distinguish between him pretending to be
stupid just to get people off their guard, pretending to be stupid
because he couldn't be bothered to think and wanted someone else to do
it for him, pretending to be so outrageously stupid to hide the fact
that he actually didn't understand hat was going on, and really being
genuinely stupid. He was reknowned for being quite clever and quite
clearly was so -- but not all the time, which obviously worried him,
hence the act. He preferred people to be puzzled rather than
contemptuous. This above all appeared to Trillian to be genuinely
stupid, but she could no longer be bothered to argue about. -- Douglas
Adams, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_