On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:47:00 -0600
Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 15 January 2005 02:23 pm, Andy Yankovich wrote:
> > Is there a way to have a specific web site open in Konqueror
> > whenever it starts, using KDE (GUI) only?
> >
> > My broadband ISP, Road Runner, is a cable operation. The following
> > site, "http://www.rr.com/flash/";, is its home page and can be set by
> > me to reflect the exact local news, local weather, and global
> > headlines in which I am interested.
> >
> > Under Windows, I can use Tools/Options/General/Home Page/Use Current
> > Page to open my browser to Road Runner's home page whenever I start
> > Mozilla-Firefox or any other browser. MY question is: Is there a
> > "SIMPLE" (meaning non-programming) KDE/GUI method, similar to
> > Windows, to configure Konqueror to open to Road runner's home page
> > whenever I start Konqueror?
> >
> > I do not understand programming, and at my age I don't want to have
> > to start to learn it now. I would like to stop using Windows and I
> > thought KDE/GUI would allow me to continue using my computer without
> > trying to understand written commands, etc. That is the main reason
> > I chose Mandrake.
> >
> > Is it possible to do what I want in Linux and specifically in
> > Mandrake 10.1?
> >
> > Thank you,  Andy
> >
> > BTW I am beginning to think I like Konqueror better than Firefox.
> > It's appearance is cleaner, less clutter, and it is a lot faster.
> >
> > Also, the Road Runner start page using Windows has better fonts than
> > when using Konqueror. I am not certain but I think the fonts in RR
> > start page using Windows is Sans while the font when using Mandrake
> > KDE is definitely different and much harder for me to use. Also the
> > contrast is poor. I don't understand why this is true for Road
> > Runner's home page under KDE - because other sites I open while
> > using Konqueror are OK. Is there a way to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks, Andy
> you can go into "settings>configure Konqueror>behavior>and put in the
> URL of  the home page you want where it has "URL" and a blank for fill
> in. HTH --
> Dennis M. linux user #180842

Or you can go to the page you want as your start page, enter the
settings menu and click "Save View Profile Web Browsing". This way you
can keep another page/directory for use with Konqueror's "home" button.
Myself I like to start with a blank page, so I enter "about:blank" in
the adress field and hit Return before I save the profile.

As for the fonts problem, I have no clue.

Björn Olsson