mike wrote:
Julie Sloan wrote:

Aron Smith wrote:

On Friday 21 January 2005 02:13 pm, Julie Sloan wrote:

fine so far, but then !!!!!AAACK!!!!!!

restarting urpmi
One of the following packages is needed:
1- masqmail-0.2.18-3mdk.i586 : Offline Mail Transfert Agent (to
install)
2- ssmtp-2.60.7-1mdk.i586 : A minimal mail-transfer agent which
forwards mail to an SMTP server. (to install)
3- postfix-2.1.4-2mdk.i586 : Postfix Mail Transport Agent (to install)
4- sendmail-8.13.1-1mdk.i586 : A widely used Mail Transport Agent
(MTA) (to install)
What is your choice? (1-4) 4
To satisfy dependencies, the following 556 packages are going to be
installed (1088 MB):

I am on dialup.  22Mb takes an hour and a half.  Do I need 1088
additional Mb??????

You don't need AFAIK any of those packages kmail workks a lot better
for most of us Mozilla thunderbird is also very good

KMail and Kontact will not open. My addressbook is in KMail. I am using Mozilla now, and that is fine, but I need to get into KMail to get my addresses and contact information!

There should be a text file with that info in your
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/addressbook or something like that I don't
use kmail. Open it in a terminal and you should have your info.

thank you Mike, but no, no addrbook in that directory, or any nearby. Found all my mail in ~/.Mail, and "recently used" addresses somewhere...? but no main addressbook.

thanks, Julie