Still doesn't work.  GRRRRR!  This is exactly what I see as the path to
the file.
root
        mnt
                windows
                                 temp
                                          scanModem.gz
   I tried in super user mode and logged on as root.  It still won't work.
 Maybe I should rename the file frustration.xxx:>)  I will probably have
bought a new external modem before I get this thing to work.  I did
remember to caps the m as in Modem.  The error is still no such file. Is
it possible I need to add the linux equivalent to c:/?  If so, what is it?
 It seems to be the only thing missing from a dos equivalent of the same
commands.