On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 11:02, Julie Sloan wrote:

> What about a ReiserFS?  Or is that something else, not a type of
> partition as I thought?
>

> thanks,
> Julie

Let's make it as simply put as possible.

Create the partitions:
/boot (ext3)
/ (ReiserFS)
SWAP
/home (ReiserFS)

Bear in mind that MS Windows should ALWAYS be installed first on the
drive, then GNU/linux afterwards. K.I.S.S. principle.

If you cannot have your /home on a separate partition, then don't worry
about it - it can live happily on the / partition.

Does that make more sense?

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389
illawarra and regional new south wales
GNU/Linux/OpenSource Solutions and Alternatives
100% Microsoft Free :: Crashing is NOT an option.
Registered Linux User # 267497
The Worst Car Hire Service When David Schwartz left university in 1972,
he set up Rent-a-wreck as a joke. Being a natural prankster, he acquired
a fleet of beat-up shabby, wreckages waiting for the scrap heap in
California. He put on a cap and looked forward to watching people's
faces as he conducted them round the choice of bumperless, dented
junkmobiles. To his lasting surprise there was an insatiable demand for
them and he now has 26 thriving branches all over America. "People like
driving round in the worst cars available," he said. Of course they do.
"If a driver damages the side of a car and is honest enough to admit it,
I tell him, `Forget it'. If they bring a car back late we overlook it.
If they've had a crash and it doesn't involve another vehicle we might
overlook that too." "Where's the ashtray?" asked on Los Angeles wife, as
she settled into the ripped interior. "Honey," said her husband, "the
whole car's the ash tray." -- Stephen Pile, "The Book of Heroic
Failures"