On Tuesday 25 January 2005 02:28 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:

| On Tuesday 25 Jan 2005 14:57, Lanman wrote:
| > Hi Gang. I've been trying to find out how to permanently modify the
| > KDE3.2 and 3.3 menus and I'm not getting anywhere.
|
| When things appear to have a mind of their own, like this, it usually turns
| out to be msec.  Could that be the problem here?
|
| Anne
| - --

If unsure, as root navigate to /usr/sbin and rename the msec executable to
msecDISABLE.  That will stop msec from running.  You can re-enable it by
renaming.  For the record, I hate msec and always disable it (not recommended
if you don't understand permissions), and I haven't encountered this problem.