RickSisler wrote:

Rosemary McGillicuddy ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

Hello all,

Decided to have a look at this and see if I could figure it out. Now I'm stuck. This is the last few lines of my terminal

...retrieving done
examining hdlist file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.plf-free.cz]
writing list file for medium "plf-free"
examining pubkey file of "plf-free"...
...imported key caba22ae from pubkey file of "plf-free"
built hdlist synthesis file for medium "plf-free"
found 0 headers in cache
removing 0 obsolete headers in cache
write config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rosemary]# /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg
bash: /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg: Permission denied
[EMAIL PROTECTED] rosemary]#

Can anyone help please - many thanks
Rosemary

Hi Rosemary,
Were you trying to look at the file ?
In order to do that, you can use the less command,
type:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] rosemary]# less /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

use the arrow keys to scroll up or down and type q to quit.

HTH

What are you trying to do?

If you wish to view the media you have available using urpmi then issue the following:

# urpmq --list-media

If you get back that urpmq is not a command then you have yet to complete your urpmi installation.

Get the urpm.. tool working and there'll be not stopping you.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213