I need a new mouse and have to say I am becoming very confused about linux
compatibility.  Currently using a MS trackball one which works using PS2 but
it is driving me mad as the ball gets so dirty and sticks all the time.  I
want to try optical.  A4 NB30 optical mouse (USB) was recommended in a local
store so I bought it home to try it out but mandrake seems to hate it!

If I attempt to boot with it plugged in the boot stalls.  If I boot then
attempt to run hardDrak to see if it will detect, again it stalls.  Same
thing if I go to Control Centre and Hardware.  It is a nice light little
mouse so would be good to get it going.  Is it likely to be too hard for a
newbie?

Thanks
Rosemary

I have been reading the vim tutorial and practising a little so beginning to
get some clues I hope!