On Feb 21, 2005, at 7:50 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Hugh Dixon wrote:
Melissa asked (paraphrased..)
 But where are the headers?

30 seconds, and I've already misfiled the original e-posting - D'Oh.
The linux source is installed by default into a directory
/usr/src/linux. Under this there is a tree, that I am not overly
familiar with. The question becomes which headers (also known as
'include files') do you want?
Have a look in /usr/src/linux and see if anything 'jumps out' as being
appropriate.
/usr/src/linux is a fairly standard path, so another application that
requires the headers may 'know' to look there, in which case you should
be OK, or may be happy being told the path is '/usr/src/linux'. - This
I believe is how the nvidia drivers work, although I guess that's not
much use to you :)
Hugh
Yes, with the kernel source installed, /usr/src/linux is a symlink to the kernel source tree. It usualy works. If it doesn't like that, then try /usr/src/linux/include or /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 - at least asm-i386 is what most people would be using...

Again, thanks to both! I think I found what I am looking for under /usr/src. I'll give the installation a try tomorrow evening and report success or failure...

Best wishes,
Melissa Allen