Hi everyone!

I'm pondering spending money I technically should be saving (for a
possible cross country move) on a DVD drive for my computer. Just a
simple DVD reader, I don't need to burn DVDs, really. And since I only
use Mandrake, that's all it really needs to work with. I haven't heard
many horror stories about DVD and CD drives not being linux/mandrake
friendly, but I figured being paranoid and asking suggestions first
would be the best way to go anyways.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest an inexpensive, but decent
enough quality, DVD drive I could purchase at a store local to
California, specifically the San Francisco Bay Area, or failing that,
a web site that is fairly well known and trustworthy. I'd really like
to be able to walk into a store, pick up the drive, and install it
when I get home... I don't want to have to wait on it being shipped,
but will make due with that if I really really have to.

Thanks in advance!

Amy
--
I have 49 invites to gmail, do you have a gmail account yet? Do you
want one? Talk to me!