Eric Huff wrote:

Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have just bought an extra hard disk of 80GB for my computer.
Could someone here please tell me how to make it my master disk (I
still have the old one of 20GB), without loosing the information
on my old disk?

I used this:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Hard-Disk-Upgrade.html

Not necessarily the easiest, but it worked. You might want to print
it out unless you have another computer running.

I have done this many times, and I would say that the safest method of all is to disable/disconnect the old drive, install Mandrake on the new drive, reconnect the old drive as a slave, use drakconf(MCC) -> mountpoints -> partitions (diskdrake) to edit your old partitions and add mountpoints,etc.

You can do it from the command line using fdisk/cfdisk and editing the /etc/fstab file, but perhaps the method I have described above is more suitable for a "newbie".

Good luck
Duncan