On Thursday 03 March 2005 07:41 am, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> How necessary is virus protection in linux
_____________________

 Ones purpose may be prophylactic [ greek word for 'preventive' ]~ to
prevent accidental transmission of virus, perhaps, by inadvertently
'forwarding' an infected message.

 For this purpose one may edit 'crontab' and add a tiny script, to run a
scan on ones Mail directories.

                crontab -e     [ will open crontab, in vim, so one can
add/delete at
will ]

For this purpose, my CRON Daemon runs F-PROT each hour, to scan my Mail
directories.

best rgds
________