I currently have a Lynksys Router setup to handle the DHCP on a
192.168.4.0/255.255.255.0 network.  The computers are setup with
192.168.4.1 (the address of the router) as the gateway.  I tried
setting up DHCP on Mandrake and disabled on the router.  The Mandrake
box could access the internet, but the remaining Windows boxes could
not.  The gateway on the Windows boxes was set to 192.168.4.111 which
is the static IP of the Mandrake box.  I tries setting up the Mandrake
box as a proxy (I've been using drakwizard to set these up) using
squid, but the the Windows box still could not access the internet.  I
did change the proxy settings on the Windows box to use ip
192.168.4.111 and the port suggested by drakwizard.  What is it that I
need to do?  My goal is to have everything routed through the Mandrake
box under one firewall.  Eventually I would like to expose the server
to the outside world (using dynamic dhcp) so that I can do some remote
access when I travel (ftp mainly).  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Christopher Taylor - Registered Linux User #383327