On Monday 14 March 2005 20:01, Michel Leunen wrote:
> Some weeks ago, I lost Konqueror and had to reinstall the whole KDE.
> Now, it's the KDE desktop which disappeared suddenly when trying to log
> in. The desktop just doesn't show up. No taskbar, no panel, no desktop
> and no icons and I have to leave using 'ctrl+alt+backspace' to log with
> another window manager.
> How can I get KDE back? And, please, don't tell me I have to reinstall
> once again.
>
> Michel

The first thing I'd do is create another user and log into KDE as that new
user. If the problems don't show up it's a faulty setting in your
"/home/michel/.kde/" directory.....just delete it and check in as you used
to.

You will lose existing kde settings like those of kmail as well as bookmarks
in konqueror etc etc.
So if that is a major problem, say so and we'll fine tune what has to be
changed/deleted.

--
Good luck,
HarM