On Thursday 17 Mar 2005 10:12, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > Kaj, if you have a windows boot disk, use fdisk to completely
> > remove the partition, then let MCC deal with it.  I've never used
> > the linux fdisk, but I would have thought you could do the same
> > with that.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Thanks, Anne.  But..eh.. I don't have Windows disk, and even if I
> had, how could I get in into the external drive ?

Ah - I missed that it was an external drive - sorry about that.  I've never
used an external drive, but I would think that you could only do that if the
bios recognised the external drive - I understand that some do.

> The linux fdisk utility won't let me do anything on the drive.

Is the drive seen at all?  I would have thought that if the drive is
recognised it should be possible to remove the partition as long as it's
unmounted?

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels