Derek Jennings wrote:

The packager who built the Mandrake package for MySQL has created the file /etc/rc5.d/S90mysql to set up the defaults for MySQL so that a my.cnf file is unnecessary. I simply read that file and told you what the defaults were set to.

I also told you that by using a symlink to /var/lib/mysql you could put your user data in a different folder without having to edit any files or create a my.cnf file.

BTW: A pid file is a file usually kept in /var/run which identifies the Process Identifier number (pid) a daemon is using

derek

Minnor correction - the file is actualy /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql. The files in /etc/rc.d/rc#.d are symlinks to the files in /etc/rc.d/init.d and are created/removed by chkconfig. The /etc/rc#.d entries are symlinks to the directories in /etc/rc.d.

If you would like to know more about this, you may want to read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-7.61.1/sysvinitfiles.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!