On Friday 25 Mar 2005 13:19, DAN WALKER wrote:
> there is one where I am - milton keynes. would it be
> full of bearded men who drive austin allegros? a bit
> scared of going.

The ethos of a group is unpredictable - some are academic, some are bearded
men who drive austin allegros, most are very welcoming.  After all, you've
just discovered their pet baby <g>

Their web site is not fancy (http://www.mk.lug.org.uk/) but it starts by
saying:

Welcome to the Milton Keynes Linux User Group (MK LUG) website.
Milton Keynes LUG aims to provide advice and support to computer users before,
during and after they install the Linux operating system.

I know how scarey it feels - I was female (arghh) and over 60 (even more
argghhh) when I first went, but there's nothing to be scared of.  After all,
even if it's absolutely lousy you don't have to go again <g>

Start with the website.  Join their mailing list, lurk for a day or two, then
drop a line introducing yourself if it looks friendly.  Let us know how you
go on.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels