On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:58:38 +1200
Rosemary McGillicuddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been looking at the Twiki for issue relating to reintalling.

someday, you will look at "reinstalling" a thing of the past!  I know,
I was once there.

>I don't seem to find my way around there particularly well.

Count me in there.  It is a valuable place to hold all Mandrake related
issues, just kinda rough getting around.

> My main question is:  will the boot loader (Lilo) maintain windows
> access.

If you will be doing a fresh install, don't worry about this one.  Lilo
has always provided a Windows entry - IRC even if it finds just a fat32
partition table *without* M$ installed.

> Maybe I should also ask:  recommended partitions?  Suppose it needs a
> new thread.

someone else could give a go here - I use just the basics.  just
/, /home and one for swap (3 total)