Elwyn York wrote:
On Sunday 03 Apr 2005 17:53, Greg Meyer wrote:

On Sunday 03 April 2005 07:52 am, Elwyn York wrote:

I am debating whether to upgrade to 10.1 or wait for 10.2....

Oooohh, wait for 10.2. It'll only be a few days and it is very nice.

hal + dbus == hardware that works better
Very stable KDE 3.3.2, you will only get 3.2.3 with 10.1
OO.o 1.1.4 and better integrated into the desktop
Newest Firefox and thunderbird

I am running on 2 production machines for a few weeks with no showstoppers

Ok, so if I temporarily transfer my mail over to another machine, and sort out some place to dump 80 gig of mp3s to "another place" on my network I too can play with 10.2 ?? :)

What do I need to do to get it ??

Elwyn

Well, other than the fact that you just answered your own question Elwyn, you need to transfer your mail to another machine and sort out some place to dump 8 Gb's of MP3 files.

Which begs the question,...should we consider setting up our own private P2P system? But back to your question,.....

How is your hard drive partitioned now? Is the 80 Gb's of MP3's on a separate partition? If you decide to install 10.2, your /home folder should be fine as long as you don't attempt to change your partition sizes or to re-format your drive.

The 10.2 installer should detect your existing partitions, and it will show you that the /home partition will not be formatted, unless you manually select it.

Any other partitions which have atypical names (partitions names that Linux doesn't already have in it's own list), will also be left alone unless you tell the installer and/or diskdrake otherwise.

Hope that helps.

Now, about that VP-P2P-Network,......

Mr. Geek Registered Linux User #190712