Hello all

I have Mandrake 10.1 on 2.6.8.1-12mdk win4Lin kernel
installed (dual boot with Win) and mostly use KDE. since a recent re-install I had been using the graphical login page, and I noted that it would not retain the "faces" settings.

Trying to run k3b I would end up with a zombie process stalled at finding CD burner.

I have upgraded KDE to 3.3, and when I first started, could open MCC. Then I tried to run k3b setup with :
[EMAIL PROTECTED] russellb]# ps ax |grep k3b
7606 ? Ds 0:01 kcmshell k3bsetup2

Running mcc from an su console gives a splash screen and another defunct program

[EMAIL PROTECTED] russellb]# ps ax |grep drak
 9044 pts/3    D      0:01 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/drakconf.real

I will have to reboot to kill the zombies, but can anyone advise me how to enable k3b, and minimise the risk of recurrences?

Thanks

Russell