Hi ~ the following is in reference to Acrobat Reader only.

I have been reading about Acrobat5 and Acrobat7 and am looking at installing the later.

I understand that I need to remove all of Acrobat5 and that is OK by me.
The README advises: "To uninstall Acrobat Reader 5.0.9, simply delete the directory where it was installed."
However, in doing a search :

# slocate acro

I have found that it is spread through quite a number of directories.

Though I am prepared to track them down and remove them all individually
I was wondering if there is a way to use the " rm " command to search and remove them all at one time ?

And even better ~ if there was a way to check everything " rm " wanted to remove first without having to say " Y " to every file one by one ?

Still, this is only a thought and not essential but if you know then please share.

TIA

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213