Hi,
I've bought a brand new 13Gb IDE Hard Disk and now I can, I've made a
3Gb partition for linux at the end of the disk. The partitions on the
disk are the following:
1: NTFS. Primary partition. Windows NT on it.
2: OS/2 boot manager. Primary partition.
3: HPFS: Primary partition. OS/2 Warp 4.0 on it.
4,5,6: HPFS: Logical partitions for NT and Warp.
7,8: Linux and swap.

The linux partition is at the end of the hard disk. I've instaled
mandrake 6.1 onto it, but have chosen to install lilo in the logical
partition, not in the MBR, to avoid damage to the windows NT partition.
(Windows NT boot manager is not very nice). OS/2 boot manager boots
everything,even linux as long as you create the partitios with OS/2.
That's what I've been doing with my old drive, but know, it refuses to
add that partition to the boot manager, the partition is over the 1024
cylinder. So, what I've done to boot so far, is to use the disk created
at instalation time, which boots soon from the HD. My question is, is
there any way I could boot from the HD, from the lilo I have in the HD
rather than using the 3.5" disk?. (I wouldn't like to change the
partitions).

Another question: I like using more that 25 lines in the console, just
as if you typed mode 80,50 in MS-DOS. In redhat I've got it adding
vga=extended to /etc/lilo.conf . But Mandrake changes it to 25 lines
somehow, maybe to show the logo for the login. How can I change that?,
and how could I change that if I were forced to use the 3.5" disk boot
procedure?

Thanks, thats all for now! :)

---
Saludos desde Sevilla