On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:43:05 -0700 (MST), Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

>> there any way I could boot from the HD, from the lilo I have in the HD
>> rather than using the 3.5" disk?. (I wouldn't like to change the
>> partitions).
>
>Nope not going to happen, you could get away with useing loadlin but nt
>doesn't have dos mode. You need a /boot partition somewhere in that 1024,
>or you'll have to keep useing the bootdisk.

Ok, so you mean a small partition for the /boot directory and another
partition for the rest of the installation, isn't it?
So, how long should that /boot partition be?
Is there any specific howto for this topic?

>Did you update the bootdisk after doing it? if so try vga=ask let it scan
>pick your choice if it works replace the =ask with it. If you haven't
>updated the disk alter the boot= line to point at the floppy.

No, and I don't know how to do it. I know how to edit that file, but no
clue what to do next. Could you tell me?

Thanks in advance from a newbie! :)

---
Saludos desde Sevilla