On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:07:41 -0600, you wrote:

>you are ofcourse assuming I can even get to a Linux '/' prompt.  I cant do
>anything with 'cause when it comes back up (the system) it has Win98
>instead.  I have my disk divided as follows,
>
>        1 = Win98  - fat32    6gigs
>        2 = fat32                   2gigs
>        3 = Linux native        5gigs
>        4 = Linux Swap         2gigs

First question....why do you have 2gigs set aside as your swap
partition.  That is excessive...to put it mildly.  For what you would
prob need, 100-200 megs would be maximum size needed for your swap
partition.

>When I go thru druid I point out these (3 & 4)  and have them used as my
>Linux partitions.  It accepts it and we move on when I get to the point of
>the LILO, it seems to work just as well, however I do remember the '*' being
>on the Linux partitions and it not letting me select the fat32 partition,
>but it still completes with out incident, and it just does not work the way
>I am doing it.  So you see I cant even get to the directories that you are
>reffering to cause I cant get the dual boot option.

LILO is not a directory......and when he described you being able to
make a boot floppy, using that boot floppy will put u into linux which
WILL allow you to setup LILO properly and WILL allow you access your
linux drive.   I do recommend you use a much smaller swap partition.