>Unless they are useing one of the internal cablemodems it most likely to
>work. They general just plug into a ethernet card. They may require extra
>software however that doesn't have a linux port..

I have a cable modem connnected to the uplink port of an ethernet hub and
it works great for my Macs. I haven't configured the linux boxes on my
net to use it because I need static IP numbers for them. However, I can
see no reason why it would make any difference what kind of machine on
the network is going through the cable modem. Of course, then I could be
completely wrong :-)

Regards,

Eric Mings Ph.D.

    .~.