Jeanette Russo wrote:

> Not only that but the install is setup to fail and no text mode backup that
> I can find.  Finally got it running using default stupid setup.  No Email
> program I can find.
> Netscape Navigator only.  Only good part it set up my samba about
> 90%.  First time I can find my Linux box in Network Neighborhood.  But if I
> try to browse from NT it asks for Account and password.  I have given
> everyone on the NT Box and the Linux box and it won't take any of
> them?  From Linux I can browse the NT box however.
> All in all most Linux users are not going to like this at all
> Jeanette

Regarding your NT / Linux connection:

Seems to me I recall that NT and 95 or 98 used an encrypted password scheme and
conflicted with Linux passwords.  You needed to set one or the other to use
unencrypted passwords (I think).  You'll need to check the archives back in
Aug. or so as I remember this was discussed at length back then.

Good Luck,

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support