I have had the same problem forest... I posted a similar message on the
expert board... My speculation is this .. Maybe a problem in one of the
Mandrake libs... I tried seeing if there were updates for the libs vnc
uses... I also tried compiling vnc native and it crashes a lot... Im at a
loss... It used to work in Redhat 6.0 like a champ.

Did you try editing the xstartup file in the .vnc directory... My problem
has been that kde and windowmaker both crash...Ill post some suggestions if
you have already tried this.

Werner