Sevatio,
Video cards are the most problematic pieces of
hardware
you will have to deal with in linux, (NIC's are good
for longer term probs :)) At the mandrake site you
will find a "supp.hardware" link,
<http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fhard.php3>
As well as a link on that page to XFree86 site
<http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.5/index.html>
Look up the various video cards on the list's and you
will see that The ATI 128 Rage chipset does not have
support yet, I am not sure which Diamond card you
have, but they have been very supportive in the past
regarding Linux, You might just have a configuration
problem there with the Diamond card. Hope this helps.

sean