Hi all

I have just installed mandrake Linux 6.5

First and hardest:  Is that Disk Druid has trashed my partition tables (my
machine also runs mainly OS/2 warp 4) such that I am unable to run either
Partition Magic 3.05 or fdisk from OS/2 although my disks are booting normally I
am unable to modify my partitions or my Bootmanager (which looks a bit of a mess)

Second: I have 3 IDE buses and 2 Soundblaster soundcards so far I have been
completely unable to sort out my isapnp.confg
Soundcard 1:
        Soundblaster AWE32pnp also uses gameport and IDE_2 (numbered 0-2) for
auxiliary CD ROM (I don't mind if this has to be disabled)
on OS/2 this runs
DEVICE=D:\MMOS2\SBAWED2.SYS /C:1 /D:3 /H:5 /I:7 /A:240 /B:24 /M:330 /N:SBAUD1$
/P /G /Q

which means:-
Card: 1
Lo DMA: 3
Hi DMA: 5
IRQ: 7
I/O address: 240
MIDI I/O: 330

Again it would be nice to use the card as it is good but if I have to disable
it, it would be tolerable it is plug-n-pray therefor the parameters my be
changed providing no conflicts arise.

Soundcard 2:
        Soundblaster 2 an old 8 bit card set up as standard for DOS games and is set
the proper way (with jumpers :-))
DEVICE=D:\MMOS2\SBD2.SYS 2 5 220 8 /N:SBAUD2$ /Q

which means:-
Card: 2
DMA: 1 (only available)
IRQ: 5
I/O address 220
The Game port is disabled

If someone can point me to the correct documentation or a good pnp set-up
utility I think an acceptable solution should be found.

Thank You.

Bernice :-)

http://bernice.members.beeb.net

MASOCHIST /mas-oh-kist/ (n): Windows user.